Carpet is known to develop many stains. All of these stains have their own carpet cleaner or remedy standing by. Few know how to tackle it even though candle wax is a common substance that can stain the carpets. Candle wax is actually a lot easier than you may think to get out of your carpet though it may seem initially hopeless. Below is a quick guide to remove candle wax from the carpets that we at Palm Springs Carpet Cleaning would like to share today.
Scrape Off & Treat White or Colored Candle Wax Spills
1) Scrape off the wax fragments using a dull table knife. Gradually, the wax should come out of the fibers.
2) For 5 or so minutes, fill a plastic baggie with ice cubes and place the sealed bag over the top of the affected area.
3) With the use of your dull edge knife, remove any additional waxy residue that may have frozen.
4) Using the help of the upholstery attachment of a household vacuum, vacuum up any wax you see.
5) Should there be any colored candle that leaves behind a color stain, pour a small amount of rubbing alcohol onto a clean white cloth. Until it is removed, blot the treated cloth on the stain. In order to blot out any residual alcohol, follow up with a damp, clean cloth.
6) To dry the area as well as you can, use a clean, white towel.
Candle Wax Removal with Ice & Heat
1) Essential for a more effective removal is immediate action. The tougher it becomes to remove from carpets, the longer any stain lingers, including wax.
2) With ice, fill a sandwich bag.
3) To freeze the wax, let the ice sit long enough.
4) After you remove the bag of ice off the now frozen wax, begin to scrape the wax off the carpet using a dull knife. For easy disposal, scraping the fragments onto a paper towel helps.
5) After all of the chunks are removed, directly over the affected area of your carpet lay either a brown paper bag or a clean cloth.
6) The material will start to absorb the wax and lift it off the carpet, slowly press a warm iron on top of the paper bag or cloth. From the carpet, you may have to adjust the material to clean corners as the wax is pulled. Until all of the residue is removed, repeat.
7) Use a commercial carpet cleaning to remove the residual stains if any coloration from the wax remains.
Carpet Cleaning, Stain Removal & More in Cathedral City, Indio, Riverside & Coachella Valley, California
In order to remove the candle wax, these steps should be effective. Call in the experts of Palm Springs Carpet Cleaning and let our certified professionals remove the wax and any residues that tarnish your carpet if you run into any difficulties. To ensure that the stains and spots are efficiently removed, we use effective methods and products. We can get the deep-rooted dirt and filth removed to reveal beautifully cleaned and spotless carpets that are fresh, and vivid once again in addition to removing the stains. Call Palm Springs Carpet Cleaning and let our professionals get your carpets cleaned and stain free.